1-2-2009 (Butterworth-Taiping)


Today is the seventh day of Chinese New Year, and it is the day we begin our journey. A cheerful morning when most of you still sleep like a pig and staying warm in your bed, I cycle to Efun’s house to meet him. It was 6.30 in the morning. We start cycling.

We turned back to his house after 20 minutes because he forgot to bring something. And this is under my expectation… but this is our first day, so we are full of energy. We cycled with constant speed and reach Taiping at 5.30 p.m.

Before that we pass by Kamunting, and it rain heavily. Shit…raining is the only thing we don’t like. We have to stop and wear the raincoat and cover our rucksack. Haiz …穿了雨衣好象没穿,屁股还是一样湿。This is the second time I came to Kamunting and rain each time. Think of Kamunting I must yell “Say no to ISA!”

Luckily the rain stop just after we left Kamunting. When we reach the Taiping Lake , we decided to go Bukit Larut overnight but it is too far and too high for a bicycle. Then we meet a cycling uncle, he leads us to another uncle, Mr.Ong. He has a place for us to stay overnight. Its kind like an individual office. It is a nice place because of the fresh and cool air with not much people around. Beside the house, we have the pipe water to bath and we sleep on the corridor.


At night, I feel that my skin is burning hot and my legs are so tired that I am lazy to walk anymore. Then we realize that beside the office there is the Indian Army cemetery. I am not worrying about that coz they already rest in peace. Haha

we sleep next to them,haha

Their name liveth 4 evermore, ours too

No comments: