Introduction


This time, I will do something different, something special, something I never done in my life before. I decided to go cycling around west peninsula of Malaysia, going north from Penang to Johore, alone. Yes, a solo ride! I can’t clearly write down the reason why I want to do this. But this is one of my dreams since I was study in Form six. I have planned this for the past two years, and I was always thinking and imagine about the situation when I cycle, all the time.

I am a scout, and because of this background I believe that I am capable to do it. Beside my interest in outdoor activity, maybe I was trying to prove something. Since the saddest thing happen in my life few years back, I begin to improve myself, in every field. I am trying very hard to push myself beyond my limit, into a higher level, hoping that someday, someone will see me sparkling in her eyes. But believe me, this is not the main reason la. It just because I am an outdoor kind of guy.

Before I begin my story, let me introduce my partner, Efun. Yes, before I went into training stage, my old friend and brother, Yi Fan wanted to join me in my adventure. Although it is not part of my plan, I let him join for the sake of our long lasting friendship to be longer and a partner will make my travel safer. So we spend some time training together, just go to the gym and some jogging & swimming.

Efun

Not long after new year, we bought a bike, not mountain bike nor racing bike, but the hybrid one which is road bike. Cost us RM800++ including all other accessories like front and rear LED lights. We also bought a cycling pants for cycling purpose price range from RM60-130, and I am very regret now =.= coz it does not make me feel better. Long before my preparation, I also bought some detailed maps and a two men dome tent which I love it very much.

This time I put a lot of time and energy into this journey, so I really hope that I can make it till the end. Despite all the dangerous road accident and robbery and the disaster I may encounter, an exciting and adventurous journey of mine is going to begin. Hereby I sincerely thank to all my friends and family who supported and encouraged me.

2 comments:

Ng Kelly said...

good on u! *thumbs up!* =D

Ong Ewe Lim said...

I agree with you that travel is enjoyable. If it is a self-travel, I think that is more enjoyable,especially in our organizing abilities and the independence during outside, like what you had done before.Enjoy the remainind days before going to the university,have nice days