9-6-2009 Day 5

I think I really lack of sleep this few days. @.@ I don’t sleep till too late coz late means hot. I go eat Dim Sum 4 breakfast n ride my way to Ayer Itam. My next destination is Kek Lok Si Temple.极乐寺,我来也!

Pass by CLHS

War Memorial

I don’t remember the way up极乐寺, so I just follow my sense of direction. Then someone show me a small lorong, which is for the local residents. Its been years I wanted 2 come极乐寺, but don’t have the chance. And now everything also need 2 pay, RM2 to go up the pagoda n RM4 for the rail way up to Guan Yin statue. I really don’t like this, pay 2 visit a temple??

Kek Lok Si Temple!!

Few thousands of statues in the temple

Angel n Demon,Penang version

大木鱼

Beautiful wall drawing

too many tutles, the system is not balance


Then I take the rail to higher ground. Holy sweet, the Guan Yin Statue is still under construction. It seems they are building a giant cover like 亭子. Can u imagine how huge will the roof be 2 cover a 30.2m tall statue??

The RM4 ride

The old Guan Yin Statue

The New Guan Yin Statue

the look when complete

now is under construction

The view from top

美丽的极乐寺

The Guan Yin statue is not open for tour, so I look around n found many cute cute n interesting statues.

The most colourful statue i seen


So cute...
I like 2 sit on this, haha

very rare 2 see a sitting buddha

Buddha promoter, kekekez

After that I begin to hesitate whether want 2 go Ayer Itam Dam or not. Coz by now, I am quite tired n I miss my bed. Then I go had my lunch n think 反正都来到了,现在不去要等几时才有机会去。Then I buy some water n prepare to conquer the hill.

The road to the dam is just beside the Kek Lok Si Temple. If u think it is easy 2 reach the dam, then u are damn wrong! This is the steepest n most difficult way in my 5 days journey. I push my bike uphill so 吃力that sweat come out from every pore of my skin. Its like shower with sweat under the raging sun.

Air Itam Dam

Finally, I reach the Air Itam Dam!! I enjoy the view there. I wait until my sweat evaporate before I go down.

Not easy to get up here

If u think going downhill will be easy, then u are wrong again! Because the road is too steep n my bike is loaded with my luggage making the inertia force too big n acceleration speed too high. In order not 2 lose control, I have 2 press the break all the time. Then the breaks become too hot n I have 2 stop once a while. 所谓上山容易下山难,上山我累,下山我战车累。

Penang jail (dont do bad things!)

I am so tired n don’t have mood 2 travel anymore. I pass by Chung Ling High School again n I stop under the pedestrian overbridge. I remember there is a lot of graffiti. Why the island boys are more creative n artistry than the mainland boys…

graffiti on the bridge

Then I pass by the scout headquarter, Wisma Pengakap P.Pinang. I have lots of memory there…

Wisma Pengakap P.Pinang

When I am on the ferry, ready to sail back to Butterworth, I saw the “Pulau Pinang” ferry. Then I thought of one joke, they used to cheat the strangers that must take the “Pulau Pinang” ferry 2 get to Penang Island. Idiot joke la.

this ferry 2 Penang,haha

The ferry leave the port, I leave the Penang Island n only my footsteps n tire track left on the island. Looking backwards the path I traveled, its juz a small section compare to the journey I have to travel in my future life. I know there will be a long n challenging road awaiting me in front, n I hope I can handle everything well n fine.

This journey of my Penang solo ride has become a part of my memory n life experience. I am very glad that I return home safe n I thanks those person who helped me 2 complete my journey.

1 comment:

Pei Sing said...

how long u edit this all great post?
hey really really keng~~ btw it is nice enough! thanks for all the sharing=)